Author Topic: Anyone know anything about H.A.B. Co. Piqua OH? Found a hammered Cast Alum Roast  (Read 603 times)

Offline Frank Dimos

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Just found a small hammered cast aluminum roaster the other day. On the bottom, it simply says "Homeware H.A.B. Co. Piqua, Ohio" in a circle. Can't seem to find anything out about this company's history. The roaster is well made, has an interesting lid that's also a platter, and I like it. They're not rare, as I've seen a number of them for sale, but no further information.

Offline Jim Fuchs

• WAGS member
  • Saugus/Hammersmith 1642-1672
 Frank, as you mention, we see their items, but seems everyone mentions how it is marked, but never who the maker was (their full name). The maker of those, and cast aluminum dutch ovens, covers, trivets , etc. was ...Home Aluminum Bronze Co., located at 800 South Downing Street, Piqua, Ohio. I did see where they set a maximum price for their cast aluminum dutch ovens, with cover and trivet in 1945 (Federal Register, Vol. 10, Saturday July 21, 1945 as one source). Sometimes have to dig, and put the story together bit by bit...this is one source that will start to fill in the gaps, as an example...Information start on the lower left of the page.      https://books.google.com/books?id=xMQJFYSLhKAC&pg=PA9049&lpg=PA9049&dq=Home+Aluminum+Bronze+Co.,++piqua+ohio&source=bl&ots=ozM033U_EJ&sig=ACfU3U3tt0kNODnb5wVBVhEc5VQzVMxlsg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiI1oSEvKaBAxX-mYkEHeh_BLQ4ChDoAXoECAQQAw#v=onepage&q=Home%20Aluminum%20Bronze%20Co.%2C%20%20piqua%20ohio&f=false

This is what some of their pieces looked liked, for those who may be curious...    https://www.google.com/search?q=H.A.B.+Co+aluminum+cookware&tbm=isch&chips=q:hab+co+aluminum+cookware,online_chips:piqua+ohio:iWzuCWv_2II%3D&hl=en-US&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjt8I_azaaBAxWYIt4AHco8BBwQ4lYoBnoECAEQPQ&biw=1385&bih=694

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 02:17:13 AM by Jim Fuchs »

Offline Dwayne Henson

• Administrator
  • When the people fear their government, there is
There's some research!
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson