Author Topic: ERIE Tea Kettle  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: ERIE Tea Kettle
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »
Not just yet Jeff. I think I'll keep it around for a while. We only have one other TK. It's a Wagner. Weighs a ton. This ERIE is light in comparison.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
I'm not sure what kind of plating is on this thing. The book lists 3 different coatings. Any info would be great. Thanks
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
Chuck, the outside looks great, now what did you do to the inside and how does it look, I know we have talked about using electro on the inside, is that what you did, if not that what, and if yes, how did you do it? I wanna know allllll about it.  :) ;D

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 12:33:45 AM »
Chuck, the outside looks great, now what did you do to the inside and how does it look, I know we have talked about using electro on the inside, is that what you did, if not that what, and if yes, how did you do it? I wanna know allllll about it.  :) ;D

I just used the set-up I mentioned above. It was still a little crusty inside, and took some scrubbing. Doesn't look the best. I may dunk it again. There is still some scale in the corners. I want to use a bigger anode next time. Electro has worked in the past on scale like this. I guess I got a little impatient, and pulled it out of the tank early. I was a little concerned that the plating was coming off though. The anode inside the kettle is the way to go. Of course, just be sure it doesn't touch.

Offline Robert Hilman

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
Turning out great as always!
I hear voices..........and they don't like you!