Author Topic: Lookin' For a Miracle  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Katrina Gomez

• I love cast iron. :)
Re: Lookin' For a Miracle
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »
Me not like Chuck no more.  >:(

Perry I'm with you!!!  BOO Chuck!!  LMAO...just kidding.  Really nice Chuck!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:06:23 AM by Kaluna »

Prairie_Gal

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 12:50:12 AM »
Chuck, you've really found your calling. I constantly am amazed at how beautifully you season.  Let's hope they don't stop selling PAM.  ;)

I just don't have the patience or the discipline, I guess, for PAM seasoning. I invariably have spots I missed, or that weren't coated evenly, and thus I end up with a very frustrating *mostly*-shiny-but-not-entirely result.  

I've gone back to Crisco. It's more forgiving of hasty hobbits and sloppy sues.

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »
One word......NICE!!!!!!!

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »
Thanks all. I got lucky on this one. Sorry Perry, but this one is headed for the collection. I think this one makes around 40, "waffle iron style", cookers. That's WI's and the like. I don't have any sets, just all different kinds.

Me not like Chuck no more.  >:(

Were you hoping to buy it from me Perry? Sorry bout that.

You crack me up ;D ;D
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »
Chuck it was made to use so make your daughter some corn dogs besides you can always clean it again

Now that you mention it, I have used some of my WI's that are in my collection, and just cleaned them up, and put them back on display. And by display, I mean, back in the box that I'm storing them in until I find some more space.  :D :D . My Son is getting married in April of 2010, and I plan on taking over his room for my Den / Man Cave, and will get them all out on display. I have a nice display of some of my CI, in the kitchen, but that's about it. My smooth bottom, large Logo set, 4 different Oval roasters, a couple of #666 breakfast skillets, and 2 Andresen irons. One is the wafer iron, and the other is the heart WI. Only 17 pcs out of a few hundred. Not a good percentage.

Does anyone know of a good corndog recipe to use? The easier, the better. I can cook, but I'm no chef.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
Chuck, you've really found your calling. I constantly am amazed at how beautifully you season.  Let's hope they don't stop selling PAM.  ;)

I just don't have the patience or the discipline, I guess, for PAM seasoning. I invariably have spots I missed, or that weren't coated evenly, and thus I end up with a very frustrating *mostly*-shiny-but-not-entirely result.  

I've gone back to Crisco. It's more forgiving of hasty hobbits and sloppy sues.

Thank You Becky. Have you tried the method that I posted? I have found that if you have a piece that is seasoned with crisco, and you season directly over it with Pam, it turns out great. Just don't try it in reverse (Pam then Crisco). The Crisco can't stick to the Pam. At least that's my experience.

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
Chuck Rogers you sir have the "Midas Touch"!!  That thing looks spectacular!!

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
Chuck Rogers you sir have the "Midas Touch"!!  That thing looks spectacular!!

You sure got that right Jeff. Whats that ole sayin, "you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse, UNLESS you give it to Chuck Rogers".  ;) ;D

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
I thought the saying was " making chicken soup, out of chicken poop". Maybe that's just another version.  ;D ;D

Thanks Guys. It always feels good when they turn out this well. I've had my share of pieces that just didn't turn out well, to say the least. Thankfully, this wasn't one of them.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »
I thought the saying was " making chicken soup, out of chicken poop". Maybe that's just another version.  ;D ;D

Thanks Guys. It always feels good when they turn out this well. I've had my share of pieces that just didn't turn out well, to say the least. Thankfully, this wasn't one of them.

Chuck, I rolled the dice once on a deal just like this, and I paid 850.00, and the dice rolled in my favor big time. So I know what you mean, it feels good when it comes your way.  ;)

No chicken soup out of chicken poop huh?  ;D Never heard it that way before.