Author Topic: There are still nice people out there  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Rick Gilley

• WAGS member
  • WAGS:  Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
There are still nice people out there
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »
A while back I sold a Griswold cornbread stick pan to some lady on Ebay. She sent me a message, asking if I would consider cleaning an old skillet her grandmother had left her. Sure, I told her. She asked how much and I told her no charge as long as she wasn't going to Ebay it. She sent it to me, and it was a nice old one notch Lodge really crudded up. I wanted to get it done quick, so I electro it and re-seasoned it. And like true old Lodge cast iron, it turned out beautifully. Imagine my surprise, when I received a thank you note along with $40.00 for cleaning it. The lady said, that now she could begin to really enjoy the cast iron skillet of her grandmas. I gave her some tips on how to keep it looking nice so she could pass it down to her grandchildren. She was happy, and I felt good because she would forever preserve a piece of cast iron history with her grandmas skillet.

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
Re: There are still nice people out there
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
WOW.   That is a nice story.    Shows there are still some great people out there.

Will 8-)

Offline C. Perry Rapier

Re: There are still nice people out there
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
Rick, that is a nice story. Thanks for sharing it.  :)

I cleaned a skillet up for a lady once, it was her mothers. It was all crudded up too. It was a National Wagner skillet, nothing special, but to her it was very special.