Author Topic: Help ! I need a Electrical Engineer  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: Help ! I need a Electrical Engineer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »

We tell everybody about using SS, but not everybody listens. Glad you did.  ;)
Many of us know, but a lot of us dont have any access to scrap stainless steel sheets in our area.  Just try to find a sheet of stainless around here for miles.  Almost impossible to find anything other than small chunks of stainless in junkyards.  The only thing I had access to all the years I had an electro setup (even before wags) was new sheets, and the price was out of my league unless I hit a lottery, but never have.... :'(

I know what you mean about the price of new sheets Jerry. A prper sized shet, that would give me enough to line the tank 3 times, is about $800. It's a pretty thick sheet, and I was going to have them cut, and roll it for me. That only added about $100 to the price. I walked right out of there, and drove right to the srap yard. Lucky for me, there are several in the area.

Perry, being the great guy he is, has hooked you up. I hope that you can find what you need there.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Maynard Stanley Jr

Re: Help ! I need a Electrical Engineer
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
I just picked up a 18in X 21in X 1/8 sheet of stainless it seems to be working much better

Hello Maynard. Glad to hear it is working much better. We tell everybody about using SS, but not everybody listens. Glad you did.  ;)

Perry Thank you all for your help I do listen and appreciate every ones help very much,
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

--Benjamin Franklin 1759