Author Topic: A Bit More Than Expected  (Read 980 times)

Offline Sam Roberts

• Forever in our hearts!
  • Lodge what? !!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:44:49 PM by samsteven »
Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it!

Offline Roger Barfield

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: A Bit More Than Expected
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »
Sam, it wasn't that long ago these were selling for $200-250.  Sure would like to find one at a garage sale or hardware store. ;D
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Offline Sam Roberts

• Forever in our hearts!
  • Lodge what? !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
Fine one, I'd like to go in to an old hardware store and find a case of them. Might as well wish big!
Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it!

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
Sam, it wasn't that long ago these were selling for $200-250.  Sure would like to find one at a garage sale or hardware store. ;D

My "claim to fame" on these is that I did find one like that Roger. I forget what I gave for it, either five, or eight, or ten dollars, one of the three. I offered it to a WAGS member for what I had in it and they told me no, I better hang on to it, and they then proceded to tell me what it was. I just bought it because it was cute.

Offline Roger Barfield

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
I offered it to a WAGS member for what I had in it and they told me no, I better hang on to it, and they then proceded to tell me what it was.

Now that's a true friend there Perry. ;D  If you run across another for that price snag it for me and I'll double your money.  Twenty bucks for ten bucks is a ten percent profit right? ;D
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Offline Robert Hilman

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:56:22 PM »
I offered it to a WAGS member for what I had in it and they told me no, I better hang on to it, and they then proceded to tell me what it was.

Now that's a true friend there Perry. ;D  If you run across another for that price snag it for me and I'll double your money.  Twenty bucks for ten bucks is a ten percent profit right? ;D

;D ;D
I hear voices..........and they don't like you!

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »

Thats right Roger, and you'll never lose money if you make just ten percent.  ;)

Offline Clark Rader

• Forever in our hearts!
  • apaninhand
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »

Thank you roger.
What I know, I keep forgetting.