Author Topic: Bunny Rabbit Molds  (Read 5346 times)

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
Bunny Rabbit Molds
« on: November 30, 2003, 08:11:18 PM »
Did all the rabbit molds have vent holes in one side?....This one looks legit but I havent been able to lighten the pic and I cant see any vent holes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3254760750&category=13926
Jerry

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Re: Bunny Rabbit Molds
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 08:22:29 PM »
I've had them with and withou vent holes, same thing for the Santa too.
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 09:01:02 PM »
I've had them with and withou vent holes, same thing for the Santa too.

Well, I wondered if my old eyes was deceiving me.... :D  And I've always wondered how you could use them as an ice cream mold if it had vent holes?? ;D
Jerry

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 09:02:33 PM »
There is no support,  or what ever Steve called them under the feet.   Stand up the rabbit and the halves will fall apart.   But this one is in black iron.   Steve stated that most are nickeled that have no supports.   I haven't paid that much attention before.   Starting to open my eyes.

Will P. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 09:22:42 PM »
ain't this fun.  I"ve owned a lot of bunnies and NEVER even saw nor paid attention those sorts of details.  Got to love this hobby for all the differences in each piece.

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 09:44:26 PM »
There is no support,  or what ever Steve called them under the feet.  

Will,
My old eyes are deceiving me?....I see support tabs on the feet of the one I posted the URL for .
:D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 09:45:19 PM by Jerry_Cermack »
Jerry

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2003, 09:45:24 PM »
Greg, Here you had a rabbit that didn't have a leg to stand on, and you didn't even know it. Yes, that is the neat part of this stuff. I can't get over about how much interest is generated by the handles for Steve Stephens. He finds a lot of stuff in a handle. Although, I must admit that I do look closer at such details.

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2003, 10:58:47 PM »
I dont have a bunny mold.....If they had big front teeth like BUGS BUNNY I'd get one........ :D :D :D :D :D
Jerry

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 01:47:04 AM »

And I've always wondered how you could use them as an ice cream mold if it had vent holes?

Jerry,
You put an M&M over each vent hole when molding ice cream.

That ebay rabbit is one of the early ones that does not stand by itself.  It doesn't look like it was a nickeled one which I thought was the only one like this so my knowledge has expanded with your question.  I didn't know either than Santas come without without vents.  I wonder how many variations there are in  the three molds.  There are at least three minor variations in the  No.866 lamb.
Well, I wondered if my old eyes was deceiving me....   And I've always wondered how you could use them as an ice cream mold if it had vent holes??

Jerry, you do see support feet but those are not what I was trying to describe.  When the rabbit stands up to eat the dasies, he has a high spot along where his two halves separate so, it not held up by his person, his front and back will separate and fall away from each other.  Look at the bottom, right photo in your ebay link.  On later rabbits a rib, perpendicular to the rib running along the bottom of the rabbit was added to keep him from having his two sides fall apart when standing.  Hope that explains it...it's not too clear to me what I am trying to say.

Steve

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 10:41:18 AM »
Loved the pics greg for old eyes and feeble mind like mine.....I see what Steve & Will was talking about now!......WOWWWWW

I still think they need big front teeth!     ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 10:43:33 AM by Jerry_Cermack »
Jerry

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 11:05:30 AM »
Strange that younger rabbits need supports.  I always thought as you got older you needed more and more support ;D

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2003, 11:11:49 AM »
This old bunny needs support to keep from falling over!.....and more!....I cant hop to well anymore..... :D :D :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 11:12:28 AM by Jerry_Cermack »
Jerry

Shearylon

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2003, 11:31:27 AM »
Well guys with all the surgeries this female bunny has had , she needs all the support she can get too....those bones dont work right any more.... Maybe Santa can fix all of us up? [smiley=santa.gif] [smiley=santa.gif] [smiley=santa.gif] [smiley=santa.gif]