Author Topic: Griswold Aluminum Pattern Numbers  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
Griswold Aluminum Pattern Numbers
« on: January 18, 2004, 08:46:22 PM »
Steve,
Are you developing a list of Aluminum pattern numbers?
Jerry

Steve_Stephens

Re: Griswold Aluminum Pattern Numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 09:06:09 PM »
Never!  I'm a cast iron guy through and through.  I know; never say never but I just don't come in contact with much Griswold aluminum.  It would be nice if someone or several people would take on the task.

How about if a page on the forum is devoted to the collection of numbers and what the pieces are?  That might work as many people could enter numbers.  The only problems I see are in keeping the numbers accurate and making sure the pieces are described as Griswold did in their catalogs.  When I was collecting numbers I wouldn't enter any numbers unless I personally saw them or got an assurance from the "donor" that the numbers were absolutely correct.  There are possibilities of misreading numbers and that can cause problems down the line when another piece is found that has the same number.

Jerry, do you want to start an Aluminum pattern number list?  Someone already has done some work since the aluminum numbers are listed in Dave's book.  Whoever starts a list should check with Dave first and see what may have already been done.

Steve

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 09:30:56 PM »
If I get vBulletin, both lists could be operated and stored in the database.  I'd like an online souce for the p/n's and it would be good for the membership in WAGS.

Also, HUGE and I mean HUGE new announcement for WAGS members coming shortly.  I have great news for all WAGS members.  It is not a topic that we have discussed several times and will be available to only WAGS members.  As soon as our first issue of our WAGS newsletter comes out (it will be in there), I'll make an announcement on this board.  It will be another reason to be:

a WAGS member

Happy Hunting!!
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 10:35:13 PM »
I was just curious as I keep seeing aluminum Griswold items that are not in Dave's book......I might could try to work on a list if we had one?

In fact, I have an oven now, hinged lid, hammered aluminum that I have never seen and its not in dave's list.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 10:41:37 PM by Jerry_Cermack »
Jerry