Author Topic: Cook 'N' Kettle Junior ???  (Read 7484 times)

Offline Nollie Neill Jr

• WAGS member
  • Glascock Stove Historian
Cook 'N' Kettle Junior ???
« on: March 31, 2004, 03:20:11 PM »
Was in a Antique Shop last weekend and saw a very unusual cast iron item.  Or at least I'd never seen one and the antique shop owner said he couldn't find any information on it.

Cook 'N' Kettle Junior, Tulsa OK, - was a charcoal grill type item made of cast iron with a skillet top that could be turned over either way.  Using it as a skillet or as a top for the grill (oven part).  Had a slide draft at the bottom, with 3 legs.  The skillet was marked with the Cook 'N' Kettle Junior.

Anyone know anything about this unusual item, I almost purchased it for the Glascock Stove Museum as a conversation piece, but antique shop owner didn't know how to price it or if he wanted to sale it.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Nollie
Glascock Stove Historian / Collector - Great, Great Grandson of Founder - Ennice, NC

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Re: Cook 'N' Kettle Junior ???
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 03:40:29 PM »
We have pix of this on the FOUNDRY list for WAGS members.  Don't know too much about them however.
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 04:26:04 PM »
Nollie,
I have seen these kettles around and on ebay but don't know anything about them.  They are heavily cast and not particularly old from what I can tell.  Maybe c.1940-60?.   Being one who loves finely cast iron, these kettles haven't drawn my interest.  Sometimes you will see only part of the "set" as they are supposed to have a cover I think.  Looks like some kind or barbeque pot to me.  
Steve

Thomas_Callaway

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 07:08:29 PM »
Steve is about right on the 1940's but they were still making these as late as last year. Apparently in a small foundry in Tulsa. There is little on the web about them. A friend of mine found one in a shop and went on a search for info.

If memory serves me, there is a distributor out of a hardware store in Tulsa. I had an 800 number for them, but I can't seem to find it.  He said you had to talk to Jerry, but Jerry wasn't there much.

I'll post that number if my friend still has it or it turns up from under one of my "piles".

TC

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 08:29:07 PM »
I had that number too and found it on a FOrum doing a Google search.  I emailed it to someone, so maybe I have it in my OUT box.  I'll look for it.
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.