Author Topic: No.4 Griswold skillet chromed  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Mark Ritter

• WAGS: The heartbeat of collecting cookware!
No.4 Griswold skillet chromed
« on: June 09, 2004, 12:37:52 AM »
Mark,
Last year a big collector of chrome piece put several sets of skillets on ebay (each piece in a separate auction).  Some of the pieces were near mint and, I think, some even had the labels in them.  Surprisingly, they didn't bring all that much.  Perhaps too many of them on at one time?  I'd say your pan would be worth around what a very nice black iron one would be worth.  Others have any differing opinions?  I'm not to great on prices since they can vary so much.  Plated pieces generally bring maybe 1/3 less than black iron but, when you have a super nice piece the price goes up quite a bit.  Put it on ebay and you will see what it is worth on the day you sell it but don't be surprised if the price is lower than what you thought it would be worth.  Or, it might bring more.  Such is the world of collecting.
Steve
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 02:47:19 AM by Steve_Stephens »

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Re: No.4 Griswold skillet chromed
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 07:04:53 AM »
I"ve read this link but I'm confused, as it looks like the post above was made by Mark, yet written by Steve.  I guess I'm going nuts!?
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »
Greg,  Steve edited it.   I have a feeling that the original post was lost.

Will P. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 07:26:43 AM »
so did Steve edit the original by deleting it and then writing a response to the original that no longer exists? Must be too early in the morning for me, back to my cup of tea, as I need to wake up.  Maybe I didn't run on the treadmill long enough today

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 11:58:27 AM »
Dumb!  Yep, I clicked on "quote" but really hit "modify" without realizing it.  Since I didn't see the usual quote stuff in the reply box  I got rid of what was there and made my post.  Didn't even realize  what I was doing.

Sorry Mark.  If I remember right, Mark has a Griswold No.4 block, smooth bottom chromed skillet with satin outside that he said looks like it was never used and so shiny you could shave in it and asked for an evaluation.  

Woke you all up with my post, huh?  A benefit of being a forum administrator is being able to make mistakes like this and messing up someone's post.  Will have to be more careful.  Mark, if I missed any of the gist of your post can you add that?
Steve

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 12:26:53 PM »
Thanks Steve, as I thought I had finally gone over the edge, LOL