Author Topic: Auction booty  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Auction booty
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
Hope I spelled that right.  ;D  Anyway, I hit an auction this afternoon after work. Got there about a half hour late. For some reason, the boss wanted me to stay til the end. What a pain. Here's a pic of the haul. 3 of the pieces, the #7 Griswold DO, The #10 SB BL Griswold, and the #9 DO lid are from last weekend. Obviously, those 3 are cleaned and seasoned. The rest just got carried in the door.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: Auction booty
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Top of the roaster.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »
They all need a good cleaning, but I think I can get them to look good again.

Here's what they are.

#5 fully marked Wagner Drip Drop Roaster with aluminum trivet
Griswold 954 S Corn Bread Pan
#10 948 Gem / muffin pan
1336 Wagner Ware Style R gem pan
#3 and #4 SB BL Skillets
#5 BL HR EPU

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »
I'm not braggin' on what I payed for these. Well, except the Wagner roaster. It was on it's end, in a peach basket, under a cheapy steel enamel roaster. $20

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
Chuck is that right that you got a #5 block logo EPU with a heat ring??  If that is right they go for quite a nice sum of money!!

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:06 PM »
That is correct Jeff. When I saw it, I was  :) :) :) . They actually put up the 3, 4, 5, together. One other person in the crowd knew what it was worth also. I paid more than I usually do for because of it, but I guess I just wanted it more than he did. I paid about half the value of the 5, for all 3 pieces. I saw one on Ebay not too long ago, but don't know what it went for.

Offline Ray Benash

• WAGS member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
Nice haul Chuck! That Wagner oval is going to look real pretty. That #7 DO already does. Nice find on the #5 too! Always enjoy posts about what people are picking up at auctions/sales.
Ray

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »
Here's a few shots of the #5 Wagner Oval Roaster

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 10:29:57 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:42 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
She sure looks pretty Chuck. You did a fine job.  ;) Thats the way it was meant to look.

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »
Thank you Perry. I was suprised that it turned out as well as it did. It was rusty, and I thought the surface would be alot rougher than it is. The bottom was so crusty, that I didn't know it was even marked.  It has me  :) :) :)

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:49 AM »
We need a smiley with the tongue hanging out or drooling or something.  I really like oval roasters and as usual you did a fantastic job seasoning that one!  I also really like you fully marked Gris d/o!!  I bet you are starting to amass quite the collection Chuck!  Nice work.  ;)

Offline Ray Benash

• WAGS member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
Chuck - that #5 looks awesome!
Ray