Author Topic: The Aluminum Waffle Dog Maker  (Read 677 times)

Offline Russell Ware

• Administrator
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
The Aluminum Waffle Dog Maker
« on: November 13, 2022, 02:01:34 PM »
I thought I had posted this device before, but can’t locate any earlier posts. I recently found a dated catalog reference for it though, so here is the information.
I was perusing through a 1970 Indiana Trailer Supply catalog recently, and I came across this entry for a Waffle Dog maker. I thought it was released for home use, but here it is listed in a camping supply catalog. As you can see, listed right above it are other fireside baking devices with the camper in mind. The second photo of an original carton is from an actual Waffle Dog maker that I have. The handles are too short to use over an open fire, so one would have to use it over a camp stove. It came with a package of heavy duty corndog-style wooden sticks as well; because, you just wouldn’t want to chance dropping that waffle dog once you took the time to make it. I figured this item was a product of the 1960‘s. Finding a 1970 catalog reference for it helps to confirm that suspicion. It’s always nice to be able to associate a date reference with an item.

Offline Chris DeSoto

• WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting.
Re: The Aluminum Waffle Dog Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 07:46:02 PM »
That's pretty neat! Have you ever used it?

Offline Dwayne Henson

• Administrator
  • When the people fear their government, there is
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 08:38:08 PM »
Russell thanks. Great documentation.
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Russell Ware

• Administrator
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 07:28:27 PM »
I have used it, about 15 years ago. I didn't use the sticks that came with it. The kids like the fact they could grab one and run away with it.