Author Topic: Electro Question 1: Suggest ways take advantage of this mass of SS  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Mark Zizzi

• Doesn't like warped bottoms
Re: Electro Question 1: Suggest ways take advantage of this mass of SS
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »
Yeah, what Cheryl said.  And do NOT rely on loose pieces just touching. You need a solid connection between all parts. Even then you have to make sure corrosion or sediment (as time goes on), hasn't affected your connection points...just like corrosion can effect your cars battery cables and all of the sudden your car won't start because of a dirty connection.
Best advice I could give you is look at Cheryls white barrel setup and do that. I am still using a 20 gal rubbermaid tub, but my next one will be like hers.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:08:41 PM by mark21221 »

Offline Lewis Downey

• Lover of biscuits and molasses!
Re: Electro Question 1: Suggest ways take advantage of this mass of SS
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
Lewis, bottom of the barrel is not a good location. Residue will fall off your cast iron and cover these pieces, and your system will become ineffective. Also, using multiple pieces as you indicate can cause "banding" and uneven electrolysis on your cast iron. I have a setup similar to Cheryl's newest tank. I'm near UNC if you would like to see it.

I just wanted to offer a quick note of thanks to Russell for showing me his electro, for his insights to help me start out with great results, and for showing me a couple of pieces which I had no idea even existed, like his rabbit-shaped cake mold. That thing is the size of a small cat!