Author Topic: Alfred Andresen Iron  (Read 783 times)

Offline Cindy Overton

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Alfred Andresen Iron
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:04:15 PM »
Alright folks,

Been a while since I posted, but I still try to find time to at least read!  In my many wanderings around the Midwest, I found this great old iron.  I got pictures of it, but don't know if it is worth the asking price or not.

It needs some cleaning and loving, but other than that looks to be is great condition.  Can I get some comments and ideas from those of you that are muych more knowlegable than little ole me??!  :-?

Thanks!
Cin

Offline Cindy Overton

Re: Alfred Andresen Iron
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 12:04:43 PM »
Another pic

Offline Cindy Overton

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
Still another!

Offline Cindy Overton

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
OK...another one!  (Sorry, don't know how to put more than one in a single post!)

Offline Cindy Overton

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »
Last pic I got of this neat piece!

Offline Scott Sanders

• Administrator
  • I'll look for iron just about anywhere
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »
Hello Cindy,

Nice to see you are still around.....What you have found is an Andresen Goro Wafer iron.
You will see a couple of variations of this in the "Eye Candy" section.  I'm not sure of the going value of one of these, but I bought one just like it at the end of September from an antique shop.  It seems as though I paid around $40.00 for it.  I thought it was reasonable since I didn't have to pay ebay shipping.  At $40.00 it may not be the steal of the year, but I didn't feel that I got hurt on it.  I haven't cleaned it up yet, but it's on my list of things to do.  Tom can probably tell you a whole lot more about these since this type of item seems to be his specialty.

Hope this helps a little.

Scott
Register as a Bone Marrow Donor and give Blood when you can....The life you save is someone's Loved One.  https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 01:48:09 PM »
If you like it you would be ok paying around $100 I think.  Not always easy to find and it looks like you found a nice one.  Could even be worth a bit more.

Steve

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »
Well come on Cindy, tell us how much you got if for. :-/ We wanna know. It does look nice. Nice find.  ;)

Offline Cindy Overton

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »
Actually, I really like it, but it is still sitting in the shop!  The tag was a little too rich for me right now.  With my own business just being a baby and all, I am still running a fine line where finances are concerned!  LOL
   The asking price for this is $145.00!  

Scott.....If it had been $40.00, or even close to that, I think it would have followed me home!  LOL

Cin

Offline Tom Neitzel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 09:02:36 AM »
Cindy, just checking to see if you had read the message I sent a couple days ago.  I don't like to talk value specifics on the public side of the forum - that's a membership benefit in my mind.

Tom

Offline Roger Barfield

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:52 PM »
Actually, I really like it, but it is still sitting in the shop!  The tag was a little too rich for me right now.  With my own business just being a baby and all, I am still running a fine line where finances are concerned!  LOL
   The asking price for this is $145.00!  

Scott.....If it had been $40.00, or even close to that, I think it would have followed me home!  LOL

Cin

Cindy, you can take whatever Tom says to the bank.  He knows what he's talking about.  Me, I'm as cheap as it gets with buying cast iron and I can tell you this.  I have the one like this that's shown on the eye candy page and I paid about half what the price tag is on this one.  I bought it on ebay about 2 years ago.  They are really nice though and are beautiful pieces of cast iron.  In your part of the country you'll find them now and then, just be patient.  
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.