Author Topic: Erie 10 deep skillet  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
Erie 10 deep skillet
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
WOW [smiley=eek2.gif] [smiley=eek2.gif] [smiley=eek2.gif]

That is allot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190165972178&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Will

Pipswich

Re: Erie 10 deep skillet
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »
I saw it when it went up and thought I offered more than it was worth at $300.  He didn't think it was worth that either but decided to let the auction run.   I managed to get a slightly later version of that for a lot less and am still looking for the 779 version with large block EPU mark (w/ button logo lid if possible).  I sent him a congratulations.  He said a veteran collector emailed him with a congratulations and said he wasn't sure one had ever been on ebay.  Anyone seen these up before?

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
Yes Tommy, I have seen these up before, but let me qualify that, as I recall, the ones that I have seen were numbered, this is the first one that I recall not being numbered. I think thats what you mean, and hopefully you know what I mean, you know what I mean?  ;D

Oh yeah, and Tommy, I'd like to have one of these too. But, I'd like to have one like you got, the less expensive one. I am trying to get the deep "ERIE" in an 8, 9, and 10. I have the 8 and 9.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:19:39 PM by butcher »

Pipswich

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
The one I did get was "ERIE" numbered 734 and 10a.  I still need the 779 one.  :)    Perry, we seem to have similar collecting interests, LOL>

fatfutures

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »
Now, I'm leaning towards the non-numbered Erie's... ya'll just send em my way  ;)

Offline Will Person

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:51:29 PM »
The one I did get was "ERIE" numbered 734 and 10a.  I still need the 779 one.  :)    Perry, we seem to have similar collecting interests, LOL>

Wow guys,  I need the 778.   I have the 777 and 779 large block smooth bottoms.   I take it the 779 is that hard to find?   Anyone have a spare 778?

Will 8-)

Offline Roy G. Meadows

• WAGS member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:32:13 PM »
Tommy,
This is the first Second Series Deep # 10 ERIE (i.e., no P/N) that I have seen on eBay. I bid, but not near enough. I knew it would go for a nice sum, but it exceeded my expectations. At least it goes to a good home; John got a nice skillet. I hope this brings others out of the "woodwork" because I sure would like to have one.
                                                                                                                      Roy Meadows

Offline Will Person

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 11:48:29 PM »
Roy,

Good to see you on here.   Always enjoy talking to you and your wife at conventions.  The Erie talk was good that you gave.  Enjoyed it much.

Thanks,

Will 8-)

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »
Will, a few days ago I posted a picture of a number 10 griswold, deep, smooth bottom, that some idiot sent to me and it broke in the mail.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »
Now, I'm leaning towards the non-numbered Erie's... ya'll just send em my way  ;)

I think those are the harder ones to get Michelle, thats why I say I'll take one with the numbers.  ;)

Offline Will Person

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
Will, don't do that, you got me excited there a minute, I thought you meant an "ERIE" 779 with a lid.  :-/

Pipswich

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
Wish me luck.  hehe.  Been getting outbid a lot lately!  

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 08:38:43 PM »
Tommy, good luck to you. AND, if you win, I hope yours comes to you better than mine did. The seller did an awful job of packing. The skillet was loose in the box. As soon as I picked it up and felt the whole thing move I feared for the worst. The seller offered me 15.00 back. I told him to keep his money and buy some packing material so he wouldn't have to screw the next person he sold a piece of cast iron to.  ;)

Offline Jenny Schwartz

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
Tommy, good luck to you. AND, if you win, I hope yours comes to you better than mine did. The seller did an awful job of packing. The skillet was loose in the box. As soon as I picked it up and felt the whole thing move I feared for the worst. The seller offered me 15.00 back. I told him to keep his money and buy some packing material so he wouldn't have to screw the next person he sold a piece of cast iron to.  ;)

OUCH!

I bet this was you when it came in the mail     [smiley=furious3.gif]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:52:55 PM by Jenny »
Jenny :)

Pipswich

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 08:53:17 PM »
It hurts just looking at it!  Yikes.  I saw that photo a while back and have been sending rather terse packing instructions ever since.  Iron is not steel.  It will easily break upon impact if packed improperly.  Insurance will not cover faulty packing.  If I am very worried I offer an extra 10 bux or so so they can buy better packing shipping than they planned.  

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
Yes, I put the picture of this skillet up awhile back, since throwed the skillet away. This seller assured me they would pack it nice. I don't know if I should leave them a bad feedback or not. I know they are waiting for me to leave them a bad one, so they can do the same for me, meanwhile the clock ticks for posting feedback. It was not insured, and the way it was packed, I don't they would have covered it anyway. So I guess I'm just eain this one.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »
Yes, I put the picture of this skillet up awhile back, since throwed the skillet away. This seller assured me they would pack it nice. I don't know if I should leave them a bad feedback or not. I know they are waiting for me to leave them a bad one, so they can do the same for me, meanwhile the clock ticks for posting feedback. It was not insured, and the way it was packed, I don't they would have covered it anyway. So I guess I'm just eain this one.

Oh yes, Jenny, I was not too happy about it. This is at least the fourth piece this has happened to.

junkjunkie

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 10:10:55 AM »
Wow!....I'm really sorry, Perry!  That is heartbreaking!