Author Topic: Wagner Dutch Oven  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Ron Gilliland

• WAGS: the heartbeat of cast iron collecting
Wagner Dutch Oven
« on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »
I got this Wagner Dutch oven over the weekend for $25. Good buy?any ideas on worth?

Offline Ron Gilliland

Re: Wagner Dutch Oven
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:50:51 PM »
I’m sure they are pretty common. I’m just getting into collecting. I’ve got a Wagner skillet that is similar to this. I also wonder on the age? I’m thinking 1930-1959 ish?

Offline Duke Gilleland

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:37:16 AM »
I’m sure they are pretty common. I’m just getting into collecting. I’ve got a Wagner skillet that is similar to this. I also wonder on the age? I’m thinking 1930-1959 ish?
Your in the ball park on your assumptions. The dutch oven would double or triple in worth if it had the lid. This would also increase it's usefulness as well. Get yourself a copy of the "Wagner and Griswold Blue Book" if you are getting into collecting. It and the Red Book are BIG help and money well spent! Welcome to WAGS from down in Texas! 
Nowhere But TEXAS!

Offline Stuart Lowery

• WAGS member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 04:49:50 PM »
Ron,

From what I hear, you can likely find a glass lid to fit in a local thrift store. Just carry your Dutch Oven in and let them know what you're doing. You might get lucky.

Offline Ron Gilliland

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 09:25:52 PM »
Thanks and I will consider taking a look at the glass lid. I’ve done some research and the cast iron lids are a pretty penny!
Also I considered using it as a camp oven but I think it’s best served for home use.