Author Topic: Wash pot cleaning  (Read 143 times)

Offline Greg Flanagan

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Wash pot cleaning
« on: May 30, 2024, 06:31:24 PM »
I've got a few wash pots that i've cleaned and Seasoned for myself. I've got a friend that wants me to do one of his dad's pots. It's a number thirty but I have no idea what to charge what would be reasonable? I haven't been around For a while. Show me this is not allowed please Delete the post.

Offline Scott Price

• WAGS member
Re: Wash pot cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 12:16:27 AM »
It's always tough chiming in for questions when friends are involved. So is this a 30 Gallon Pot? That's no small job if the person wants to use it or make it look new (what's the difference). That at minimum 100 if not 150. Friends or not you're doing the work. If you both are in the habit of doing favors then it comes down to what you think is fair amd nothing to do with others opinions.

Offline Greg Flanagan

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 06:39:31 AM »
I looked up restoration services on facebook marketplace. I inquired and the guy wanted to use a fire pit to burn off the old seasoning and he quoted me a price of one twenty five. It's more of an acquaintance than a friend.The husband of an next girlfriend I would say. I guess some place in the seventy 52 a hundred dollar mark. I think that's what i'm o telling depending on what it looks like when he brings it. And you are correct it's a big pot . A # 30 holds about 25 gal I think.

Offline Duke Gilleland

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2024, 02:51:02 PM »
I'm with Scott on $100-150 to start with. And then you have to consider the rust condition. :scratchchin:
Nowhere But TEXAS!