Author Topic: Lookin' For a Miracle  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Lookin' For a Miracle
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:12:06 PM »
 I'm hopin this one is better in person. I'll let you know. Let's see how good electro is.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
Re: Lookin' For a Miracle
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »
I saw that one on Ebay.   Looked pretty ruff.   If anyone can bring it back,  it is you.   Please let us know!!!

Will 8-)

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »
Chuck, she looks rougher'n a cob.  ::)

I'm with Will though. If anybody can bring'er back, Chuck can.  ;)

You might luck out, all that on the outside there looks uniform.  :-/

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It should be here tomorrow. I'll drop it in the tank when I get home from work, and see what comes out on Tuesday.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »
Well, it arrived today, and it doesn't look any better in person. It looks just like the pics. I'll save ya'll the horror of more pics. It is really nasty looking. It's in the tank now, and should be done tomorrow afternoon, or evening. We shall see.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »
Hello Chuck, keep us posted now. And remember, a doctor can just do so much.  :o

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
Well, I was hoping that it would turn out at least pretty good, but it didn't. When I pulled it out of the tank, it didn't look the way I thought it would. I have some pictures of it. They were taken from the same angles as the sellers pictures, just for comparison.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:01:27 PM by crogers561 »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:53:49 PM »
Hold on a second, I'll have them soon.

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
Now where are those things? Oh, here they are.

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
Guess what. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would. It turned out a heck of alot better  :) :) :) :)

When I pulled it from the tank, put it on the work table, and made that first rub with the ss scrubber, I could feel that it was smoooooth. When I saw that all of that rusty looking stuff was baked on gunk, WOOHOO!!!!. I was planning on using this one for corndogs. My daughter loves them, and I was going to make some as soon as it was done. Now I'm having second thoughts. I'd hate to mess this one up.
Electro saves another one!!!!

Offline Brian Vick

• WAGS member
  • WagnerWare the other cast iron!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
Guess what. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would. It turned out a heck of alot better  :) :) :) :)

When I pulled it from the tank, put it on the work table, and made that first rub with the ss scrubber, I could feel that it was smoooooth. When I saw that all of that rusty looking stuff was baked on gunk, WOOHOO!!!!. I was planning on using this one for corndogs. My daughter loves them, and I was going to make some as soon as it was done. Now I'm having second thoughts. I'd hate to mess this one up.
Electro saves another one!!!!
"Holy electro Batman!!!"
Man that is just super way to go Chuck!
OB ;D

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
Thank You Brian. I'm just glad the seller doesn't know about electro.  :)  There wasn't a spot of rust or pitting on the whole thing. Just that brown crust, which turned out to be cooking crud.

Offline Bill Corum

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »
Chuck, super job on that item it looks nearly new again. Amazing........

Bill

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »
Chuck, you wuz pullin our leg. ;D

I was just about to say that if you thought that was bad, then you're nuts. I thought that stuff on the outside looked pretty uniform, and rust and pitting ain't uniform, usually anyway. Nice piece.  ;)

Now are you gonna sell this?

Offline Jon Wollenburg

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
Chuck it was made to use so make your daughter some corn dogs besides you can always clean it again

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 07:55:23 PM »
Thanks all. I got lucky on this one. Sorry Perry, but this one is headed for the collection. I think this one makes around 40, "waffle iron style", cookers. That's WI's and the like. I don't have any sets, just all different kinds.

Offline Rick Gilley

• WAGS member
  • WAGS:  Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
great job on that one Chuck....its gorgeous.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »
Thanks all. I got lucky on this one. Sorry Perry, but this one is headed for the collection. I think this one makes around 40, "waffle iron style", cookers. That's WI's and the like. I don't have any sets, just all different kinds.

Me not like Chuck no more.  >:(