Author Topic: Just a quick note on a newer seasoning method  (Read 22961 times)

Offline Cheryl Watson

• Administrator
  • The HersheyPark Kitty
Re: Just a quick note on a newer seasoning method
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
Andy, so glad it is working well for you!! :) :)

Now give that WI some extra PAM before you pour in the Batter!

(I am such a coward.... have not used my heart and star or any of my WI's yet... they look too purdy!)

But I will eventually make some waffles..

If I mess up a piece, I certainly am equipped to accomplish a quick do over!  (Like my ERIE 7 that I left sitting over the oven vent while roasting in the oven ..... ewww!)
It is now back in use after the re-do.... 8-)

Offline Holly Johnson

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
Andy, I have a Wagner WI seasoned with Cisco.  Whenever I use it,  I heat it up on the burner first,  then give both paddles a spray with Pam before I pour the batter in. I've been using Olive Oil Pam. Makes the BEST waffles, and my WI is getting blacker every time I use it. Now I have a Griswold WI that's been seasoned but have not used yet. I need to start using it with the Pam & really get it seasoned like my other one! (I wanted to have 2 for when all my kids & granddaughters are here for breakfast, want to be able to make more than 1 at a time!)  :) Good luck with your waffles tomorrow!

Offline Holly Johnson

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
I have some blueberries in the freezer from last summer. I'm thinking blueberry waffles sound good for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks for the idea, Andy!  ;)

Offline Andy Robillard

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and help!  I used my Griswold WI with the new seasoning method for the first time today and the results were fantastic!!!  Absolutely no issues with sticking batter of any kind!  Clean up was a breeze!  I just need to tweak the batter recipe now.

I live in Illinois about an hour north of Chicago and we're in the middle of a snow storm so I have to wait until Spring to re-start my electro tank.  All of your help with the seasoning tips has given me confidence and has me so anxious to get it going again!  Thanks for all of your help!