Author Topic: A few Le Creuset pieces I found  (Read 775 times)

Offline Spurgeon Hendrick

• WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting.
A few Le Creuset pieces I found
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
Hey guys,
Hope everybody is doing well! I haven’t been on the site in a couple of months. Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun! Ha!

Anyway, I was driving on a little two lane road near Dallas, GA yesterday and saw an Estate Sale sign. Of course, I had to stop. I asked the lady if she had any cast iron cookware. She said, “no but I do have a lot of pots and pans for sale.” I figured I would check out the kitchen to see what she had ...

I’ve never bought any Le Creuset cast iron, mainly because the prices are ridiculously high and the greatest cast iron in the world is made 100 miles from here, in South Pittsburgh, TN!

But ... since these pieces were ten bucks, or less, each, I picked them up. I think the size of the DO (it was $10) is probably about 3 or 4 quarts. The small pot ($6) with the spout is probably one quart or
less. The skillet ($7.50) is not enameled on the inside.

Offline Randy Eckstein

• WAGS member
Re: A few Le Creuset pieces I found
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:08:52 PM »
Nice steals Spurgeon.  I really like the dutch oven-you should get some good use from that.  I ended up getting a couple of Lodge enameled pieces when I picked up the remainder of an estate a few years ago and there was a long handled LeC skillet in there too.
The good chefs never burn anything--we call it "culinary brown"!!