Author Topic: Griswold No. 11 roll pan?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Jared Spencer

• WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting.
Griswold No. 11 roll pan?
« on: September 13, 2018, 12:45:52 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Actually, does anyone have any idea what these are going for right now? I know the book value, but gems and muffin pans are wildly off-book currently. Is there any idea of how many of these are out there in the collecting community?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:43:24 AM by JaredS »

Offline Jared Spencer

Re: Griswold No. 11 roll pan?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
No one has a clue?

Offline Russell Ware

• Administrator
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »
Don't be too surprised by the lack of replies. If you can't find similar completed auctions on ebay, I can assure you there is no magic database here. And I'm not trying to be facetious.
The often quoted "Yellow Book" does state that while these are rare pans, the collecting community does not appear to have much love for them because they are completely unmarked.
How can you put a current price on speculation? Even the best GF Filley gems pans are bringing less than $300 these days. The Griswold Loaf Pan (without a lid) sells for half of what it used to.
There are many pans made with slight variations to the pan posted here. Some are extremely well cast, but trying to get $150 for one nowadays would be tough if you ask me.
Keep in mind that I don't collect Griswold directly, but I do watch the selling price of many gem/bread/muffin pans.

Offline Tom Reisdorf

• WAGS member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
Jared,
I am clueless on all things gem pans, :-/  except to say it is a beauty. Hopefully someone will come along who can answer your questions better. I most time look at completed auctions on ebay to see what things are selling for.
Tom

Offline Jared Spencer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »
Thanks; I was hoping that maybe one of these had shown up in a real auction at some point recently. The gem market is down, but both the YB and BB have this pretty high, and even if its current value is at half of "book" value I still did significantly better than that acquiring it, so I feel pretty good.

Offline Jared Spencer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
Unfortunately, that particular auction doesn't help tell me if I did okay on this purchase or not...

:)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:05:29 PM by JaredS »

Offline Jim Fuchs

• WAGS member
  • Saugus/Hammersmith 1642-1672
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 10:27:07 PM »
Well...the question was there were going for, and that was the last one sold that I'm aware of.  :)