Author Topic: cracked skillet  (Read 1958 times)

Jacqueline

cracked skillet
« on: February 20, 2004, 08:46:05 AM »
Hi, I have a Wagner's 1891 11 3/4" skillet that has a crack along the bottom.  Is there a chance that I can get some kind of replacement from the company?

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Re: cracked skillet
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 09:01:21 AM »
That particular skillet is no longer in production.  You can however find these on eBay to buy and fairly cheap.

The Wagner Ware web site is now online.  Wagner Ware is making a new line of cookware some are cast iron but with a different logo/trade mark on the bottom as well as some new Magnalite pieces.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 11:49:36 AM by admin »
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Jerry Cermack

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:12:25 AM »
This should take you to the Wagner order page on their site for the skillets. I suppose they are cast iron.  [smiley=unsure.gif]

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:45:20 PM by rogbarfield »
Jerry

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:08:21 PM »
I do believe that many of the Wagner 1891 skillets are available from Wagner on their website only.  These are old production from the last century (like 1999) and have been re-finished or processed since they were sitting around the damp, unusued foundry for several years.   After these are sold there probably will not be any more new ones of the 1891 Origianls but that's only a guess.  After refinishing the pans look, and are, brand new.  I don't think the current owner of Wagner is the same one who provided your cracked skillet originally so you probably would not be able to get a claim or replacement.
Steve