Author Topic: Cervesa TM  Chili  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Brian Vick

• WAGS member
  • WagnerWare the other cast iron!
Cervesa TM  Chili
« on: May 25, 2004, 05:43:19 PM »
Start with a #11 Wagner D/O add 2lbs filet mignon, chili powder, onions, and beans simmer and savor Serve with Negra Modella cervesa and blue corn bread...Enjoy  [smiley=yes.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=biglaugh.gif]
Brian

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
Re: Cervesa TM  Chili
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 06:49:45 PM »
Hey,  why does it have to start with a #11 Wagner DO???   I do have one,  but can I use my Griswold #11?   Or do thinks taste better in a Wagner? ;D

Will P. [smiley=smoking.gif]

Offline Paul Beer

• WAGS member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »
Well, for openers it's " Cerveza " and secondly Pablo Cerveza got his goose cooked in a Wagner #11, which helps season all the rest of the pot...An alternate recipe is to pour the beer into the pot and drink tequila with the meal....au naturale...The Wagner 11 pots are well known in the culinary circuits as the best cookers as their curing process during the pouring cycle enhanced the heat transfer capabilities which opens the pores and allows the flavors to mix and meld better...they are very rare pots...particularly the #11 which is most sought after by the chefs....they sell for well over 800 dollars if you are lucky enough to find one..   [smiley=unsure.gif]

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 11:06:03 PM »
Paul, I don't know what to make of what you just said. But the thought comes to mind that if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with BS. Is what you are saying true? Didn't you just buy that number 11 Wagner? Do I hear you saying its worth 8 but you'll take 6 just because you need the money to pay your cable and telephone bill?

Offline Paul Beer

• WAGS member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 12:05:38 AM »
Perry, Habla Espaniol?

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:13:29 AM »
I asked my son what that meant so I guess you know the answer. He is in his third year of spanish and wants to get into Law School.

Offline Paul Beer

• WAGS member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 10:48:19 AM »
Perry, tell him to come to Arizona...he can get a good education and speak all the spanish he wants. Two good law schools: U of A and Arizona State. And for you I would let you have the 11 for 599.99....also send the goose recipe...at no extra charge...Su amigo Pablo Cerveza. 8)

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 10:59:17 AM »
sounds like the voice of vast amounts of experience [smiley=clap.gif] [smiley=biglaugh.gif] ;D :D

Well, for openers it's " Cerveza " and secondly Pablo Cerveza got his goose cooked in a Wagner #11, which helps season all the rest of the pot...An alternate recipe is to pour the beer into the pot and drink tequila with the meal....au naturale...The Wagner 11 pots are well known in the culinary circuits as the best cookers as their curing process during the pouring cycle enhanced the heat transfer capabilities which opens the pores and allows the flavors to mix and meld better...they are very rare pots...particularly the #11 which is most sought after by the chefs....they sell for well over 800 dollars if you are lucky enough to find one..   [smiley=unsure.gif]

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.