Author Topic: Who made this D/O ?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Clark Rader

• Forever in our hearts!
  • apaninhand
Who made this D/O ?
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:46:33 PM »
Have a no name D/O, maybe size #8, Lid has heat gauge & 2 ears, hammered like the oven. The oven has two handles, 1 pour spout and a handle opposite of that. The bottom of the oven has an inset heat ring. two of the 3 handles are cut like Griswold ( but 3 cuts and deeper) The handle (on the cover) is not cut like Griswold or Wagner. The casting is good, The heat gauge is what makes it interesting.
clark
What I know, I keep forgetting.

Offline Harry Riva

• Retired and trying to keep Molly happy
Re: Who made this D/O ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 06:18:21 PM »
Clark, The lid looks like it belongs to a skillet ... maybe part of a three piece set? Does the scale on the heat dial look like it is in farenheit? Can you put up a picture of the inside of the lid? Sometimes the basting  pattern can help identify the piece. I like everything about your dutch oven but I have no idea who made it.
Harry
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 06:19:43 PM by HARPANS »

Offline Clark Rader

• Forever in our hearts!
  • apaninhand
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 06:52:38 PM »
Harry, the heat dial sayes (100 200 300 400 500, than under that it has warm  hot  very hot) the anser would be yes to farenheit. The inside lid has 2 rings, each ring has a space (8) of 1/4" one ear on the lid has a single dot (punch mark) I have seen this (dot) on a sk lid & pan before, can't remember where. One ear on the lid fits over the D/O pour spout. The inside of the lid is rusted and I do not know how to clean it ? need help,  ;D
clark
What I know, I keep forgetting.

Steve_Stephens

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:17:47 PM »
Clark
Can you press or snap the guage out of the cover in order to clean it?  I think I have seen do's like this but don't, at the moment, know or remember who made them.  The guage is new to me on these but, I think, Wagner did make a similiar do.  The cover, with it's two spout covers, is probably a double duty cover that was used on skillets and do's.  I've seen other makes that used what looked to be a skillet cover on a do.  I'm wondering if this is a Chicago Hardware Foundry piece.  Can you post a photo of the bottom of pot and inside of cover?

Steve

Offline John Knapp

• I BUY 2 MUCH IRON
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 07:58:56 AM »
Clark, that heat gauge may unscrew.  It is worth a try as they had to install it after it was molded.
John
John