Author Topic: Before and after  (Read 8434 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Before and after
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:24 PM »
Picked this off of ebay. Was pretty sure it was all crusty build up but...
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: Before and after
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
And now, the after

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:20:50 PM by crogers561 »

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
It was a gamble that payed off. The inside of the lid is just as nice. I kinda missed my IM chicken pan, so I had to replace it.

mississippi_slim

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 11:04:03 PM »
very nice..i enjoy the hunt and always try and buy the dirty stuff.sorta like opening presents when you pull it out of the lye or the electro..

Offline Mike Shonfield

• Forever in our hearts!
  • New and Old
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »
Wow!  That is very nice.  Excellent job.

I'll bring my stuff to your place.  :)
Change is hard…. it's very tough to bend a coin

Offline Kenny Davis

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »
I liked that one a lot too, but was afraid of the appearance.  I guess that is where the experience comes in.  Good job.

Offline Raymond Dube

• WAGS member
  • Momma said there'd be days like this!!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »
Awesome find Chuck!! Looks great!!
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional! ;)

Offline Sam Roberts

• Forever in our hearts!
  • Lodge what? !!!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
Good buy Chuck, I just hope that OLD Lodge CO I put in the electro yesterday comes out that good for it sure has possibilites.
Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it!

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43:53 AM »
Thanks for all the great compliments guys. Like I said, it was a gamble of sorts.
Hey Mike S. I have done electro and seasoning work for other people, including Wags members. Just remember, I can clean and season, but unless you let me use bondo, I can't fix pitting, ;D and I don't weld cracks. Also, I haven't yet found a way to remove warps from pans. If I do, I'll make a fortune with that.  ;)

Offline Charmayne Heiden

• On the trail of some cast iron.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »
Nice pan.  You do such a great job cleaning.  I told you my neighbor was so impressed he wanted to have you clean all his old cast iron... 'till he found out how far away you live.   ;D

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
Nice pan.  You do such a great job cleaning.  I told you my neighbor was so impressed he wanted to have you clean all his old cast iron... 'till he found out how far away you live.   ;D

Charmayne, I learned a long time ago, that folks will "LET" you clean their cast iron for them, cause you love it so much and its your hobby and you like to do it and you got all them pieces and they are all so nice and clean and so clean mine for me and my mother has got some she will "LET" you clean also and when you get those done my sister-in-law has some that she will "LET" you clean also cause you are a friend of ours and we know how much you love doing this and we want to be so nice to you cause we love you so we are going to "LET" you clean ALL of our cast iron.

Offline Charmayne Heiden

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
Thanks for that, Perry... must be why all his iron is sitting in my dining area!   ;D

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »
Thanks for that, Perry... must be why all his iron is sitting in my dining area!   ;D

Well Charmayne, I had a friend of mine who wanted me to clean a bunch for them, after I cleaned a couple pieces for them. I told him I would show him how to do it, he said he didn't have time to clean it, I told him that that was alright, because I probably could not find time to teach him anyway.

Offline Charmayne Heiden

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
I just gave my neighbor information about an electro set up.  It has just the right amount of appeal to the mad scientist in him without being so dangerous that his girlfriend chases me off the place with a shotgun.  

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »
I just gave my neighbor information about an electro set up.  It has just the right amount of appeal to the mad scientist in him without being so dangerous that his girlfriend chases me off the place with a shotgun.  

Yes, I understand some girlfriends are that way.  ;D ;D ;D

There was this funny joke goin around, about this guy who was spendin time at his neighbors house, helpen her out with her VCR, and the wife wasn't likin it too much, and then the guy was showin the neighbor, and she was quite attractive, and it was like, now why should my wife be mad when I am just trying to help a neighbor out.  ;D ;D

Offline Charmayne Heiden

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »
Oh, she only gets aggravated when he gets involved in something that could burn down their house or sumpin dramatic like that.  Otherwise she's glad to send him over here with his backhoe to work for me... says it gets him out from underfoot.  He can be a real PITA but is contributing to the value of red and cream enameled Griswold by having me bid (what I think is) too high so he can add to his collection.   ;D