Author Topic: Keystone 20 Meat grinder  (Read 8676 times)

jim

Keystone 20 Meat grinder
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:12:17 AM »
My sister in law picked up a C/I Keystone # 20 Meat Grinder in really good shape yesterday. Any information on this item ? Jim

Offline C. Perry Rapier

Re: Keystone 20 Meat grinder
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
My sister in law picked up a C/I Keystone # 20 Meat Grinder in really good shape yesterday. Any information on this item ? Jim

Hello Jim. I am not that familiar with the Keystone Grinders, but, do know that they made a variety of sizes for the kitchen. They are on the same order as the Griswold grinder, which came, I THINK, four sizes, with four being the largest. Which I seem to have an S-10 pickup truck load of.

BOY, look at that grinder Perry. Its got all the attachments and still in the original box. It sure is nice, what do you think?

Aw, I don't need it, I got a few now.

Yeah, but, you don't see them complete like that very often.

That is true, and they don't really take up that much room.

I think I'll get it, another one won't hurt a thing.

OH, and Jim, they are worth a few dollars, not much more if any.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:34:56 PM by butcher »

Offline Sam Roberts

• Forever in our hearts!
  • Lodge what? !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 04:14:06 PM »
Not to dispute ye ole master of the grinder's word but the Griwold came in 5 sizes, 0 through 4  ;)
Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it!

Offline Ray Benash

• WAGS member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:55 PM »
IMHO the Griswold was better than the Keystone, I have examples of both. The Gris was a better design, hard to show without pics. I would actually like  to find a stuffer tube for my NIB Griswold if anyone has one for sale. The Keystones were made close to me throughout their history, Colebrookdale, Boyertown, Pottstown, and then finally Wrightsville. But in the end I still like the design of the Gris better.

Either of these grinders are cheap though. I actually plan to sort out between the Keystone (which my grandmother owned) vs the Gris and sell everything off that I am not going to USE. Then I will USE the gringer to make some Kielbasa from the family recipe.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:27:52 PM by rbenash »
Ray

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
Not to dispute ye ole master of the grinder's word but the Griwold came in 5 sizes, 0 through 4  ;)

;D Sam, I was thinkin there might be an itty bitty one, but I was not sure. But, did you see where I left myself a little fudge room?  ;D Actually, all I have are number 4's, they call them the hotel size, which was the larger one. It will do anything the little ones will do so I figure why mess with the little ones. Also, a few years ago, I took some pictures of the number 4 griswold grinder and compared it to a big grinder that I was using at that time. I will post them here, some of you all might find them interesting.  :)

Offline Sam Roberts

• Forever in our hearts!
  • Lodge what? !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »

;D Sam, I was thinkin there might be an itty bitty one, but I was not sure. But, did you see where I left myself a little fudge room?  ;D Actually, all I have are number 4's, they call them the hotel size, which was the larger one. It will do anything the little ones will do so I figure why mess with the little ones. Also, a few years ago, I took some pictures of the number 4 griswold grinder and compared it to a big grinder that I was using at that time. I will post them here, some of you all might find them interesting.  :)

Yes I saw where you said you "THINK", but we won't go into that ;) :D. The "0" is tiny, might be for makin' squirrel burgers.
Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it!

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Here is a griswold grinder worm, in comparison to a big grinder. Remember this griswold worm is the biggest they made.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
Here is another one showing the grinding plates.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
And one more for good measure.

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 06:30:30 PM »
The Keystone grinders were made at the Keystone Food Chopper plant about 5 minutes from my house in Boyertown PA. They also made some hollow ware, but that's about all I know about them.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses