Author Topic: Wagner Cake / Egg Beater  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Wagner Cake / Egg Beater
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »
Got lucky and found this buried in a huge box of flatware and other utensils at an auction yesterday. There must have been 200+ pieces in that box. The book has a pretty good value on them. I was suprised to see that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:02:35 PM by crogers561 »
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: Wagner Cake / Egg Beater
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:02:58 PM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:03:15 PM by crogers561 »
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »

Offline Jesse and Kim Dunfee

• Forever in our hearts!
  • I Walk By Faith Not By Sight
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
Chuck,
  I must say you find the most wonderful things in your outings. I would never thing to have even looked at something like that.
  Your not so far away that I can not drive over there and stalk your every move and pick up your left overs......
  So if you ever see a big guy with dark glasses and a Steelers Coat on following you around. Don't punch him. Its just me...... ;D

Offline Clark Rader

• Forever in our hearts!
  • apaninhand
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
Nice find Chuck.
What I know, I keep forgetting.

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
Chuck,
  I must say you find the most wonderful things in your outings. I would never thing to have even looked at something like that.
  Your not so far away that I can not drive over there and stalk your every move and pick up your left overs......
  So if you ever see a big guy with dark glasses and a Steelers Coat on following you around. Don't punch him. Its just me...... ;D

Big Guy, dark glasses, steelers coat, gotcha. Call the cops, not a problem.  ;D Just kiddin Jesse.  I'm still waiting to meet a fellow member at an auction. Of course if I was walking around with a big WAGS patch on my coat, people would be running the bids up on me. If they know your a collector, they do that. I just play dumb most of the time, at an auction. I was damn near in DE when I went to this auction, and of course, this piece was on the very last table of the night. The good thing about it was that the auctioneer wanted to get done, and was happy that we stayed, and let us pick the items we wanted to buy. I grabbed this, and a JZH trivet for the Wife, and payed $5.00.  :) :) :)  I didn't get out of there until 11:30pm, and got home about 1:00am. I did manage to get a #7 Tite Top Baster DO with lid, and a SB BL #10  there also. Also, a #9 DO with lid. The DO is cracked, but the lid is real nice. For $5.00 it was worth it just for the lid.

Thank you Clark. Something told me to dig around it that box. I look at aluminum scoops and things like that, but I didn't think I'd find tis piece.

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »
Chuck, I just want to echo what the rest are saying here. You are a good packrat, rooting around and finding something like that.  ;)

I'd have looked at the box and walked right on by it.  ;D

Steelheader69

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »
You lucky bastage.   ;D  Man, you find all the goodies.  I root through the boxes too.  Just hard to find that stuff out here (though it can be found).  I think the biggest problem with some of the areas around here is some people look online and get the highest price before they put it at the garage sales here.  I've found several wagners, WAY outta price range.  UGH.  Good score!!!!!