Author Topic: Another piece from the auction  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Another piece from the auction
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:17 PM »
It's a WI. Of course I had to buy it.  :D  If anyone has some info on it, that would be great. Maybe Tom Neitzel will know something. I can almost translate it. I'm sure it's a recipe for waffle batter. This piece hasn't been cleaned yet, but it soon will be. Don't pay any attention to the skillet handle sticking out the side. When you see the pic of the other side of the WI, you'll know why I had to set it on a skillet to get the pics.
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
Re: Another piece from the auction
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:32 PM »
"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »

Offline Tom Neitzel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »
I don't have a clue as to the maker or age, but the language is German.  The recipe on one side is for regular waffles (with yeast - 'hefe').  The other side has a recipe for potato waffles (Kartoffel).  It calls for them to be grated (geriebene).  I don't know what the word gekoehle means.  Mehl is flour.  I think the rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Tom

Offline Chuck Rogers

• Forever in our hearts!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
I'll have to convert the metric measurements to standard, and give them a try. The potato waffles sound good.